As the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to change, it’s natural to start thinking about updating our wardrobes for the new season. While boots and sneakers are always popular choices for fall footwear, it’s worth considering other options, such as wedges. But can you really wear wedges in the fall? And if so, how do you style them to suit the cooler weather? In this article, we’ll explore the possibilities of wearing wedges in the fall and provide some tips and inspiration for incorporating them into your autumnal outfits.
The Benefits Of Wearing Wedges In The Fall
One of the major benefits of wearing wedges in the fall is the added height they provide. While stilettos may not be the most practical choice for navigating slippery, autumnal surfaces, wedges offer a more stable alternative that still gives you a boost in height. The thick, solid soles of wedges provide better traction on wet or uneven ground, making them a safer choice for those who want to add a little extra height to their fall outfits without sacrificing stability.
In addition to their practical benefits, wedges can also add a chic and stylish touch to your fall wardrobe. They come in a wide range of styles, from casual and bohemian to sophisticated and polished, so you can easily find a pair that fits your personal aesthetic. Whether you opt for a classic espadrille wedge or a sleek, suede wedge boot, wedges can help you elevate your fall fashion game. So, wedges are not only practical but also stylish choice for the fall season.
Styling Wedges For Fall
There are many ways to style wedges for the fall season. Here are a few tips and ideas to help you get started:
- Pair wedges with autumnal colors: One of the most effective ways to embrace the fall season is to incorporate rich, warm colors into your outfits. Try pairing your wedges with clothing in shades of rust, burnt orange, or deep red for a cohesive and on-trend look.
- Layer up with cozy clothing: As the weather gets cooler, don’t be afraid to layer your wedges with warm, cozy clothing. Try pairing them with tights or leggings and a sweater or jacket for a stylish and comfortable fall ensemble.
- Opt for closed-toe wedges: While open-toe wedges can be a summery option, closed-toe wedges are a better choice for the fall season. They provide more coverage and can be worn with a wider range of autumnal outfits.
- Go for wedges with thicker soles: To add an extra touch of warmth and coziness to your fall outfits, consider wedges with thicker soles. These can provide additional insulation against the cold and can also add a touch of visual interest to your look.
- Experiment with different textures: Fall is the perfect time to experiment with different textures and materials in your clothing and footwear. Try pairing your wedges with textured leggings or a cable-knit sweater for a chic and stylish autumnal ensemble.
Wedge Options For Fall
There are many different types of wedges that are suitable for fall, and the best option for you will depend on your personal style and the specific needs of your fall wardrobe. Some options to consider include:
- Closed-toe wedges: As mentioned earlier, closed-toe wedges are a great option for the fall season as they provide more coverage and can be worn with a wider range of autumnal outfits. Look for wedges with a sturdy, thick sole for added stability on slippery surfaces.
- Wedge boots: For a chic and stylish fall footwear option, consider a pair of wedge boots. These come in a range of styles, from ankle boots to knee-high boots, and can be paired with a variety of autumnal outfits. Look for boots with a thicker, chunkier sole for added warmth and stability.
- Espadrille wedges: If you’re looking for a more laid-back, bohemian vibe, espadrille wedges might be the perfect choice for you. These wedges have a casual, beachy feel and can be paired with a range of fall outfits, from skinny jeans to flowing maxi dresses.
- Suede wedges: Suede is a classic fall material, and wedges made from this soft, luxurious fabric can add a sophisticated touch to your autumnal outfits. Look for wedges in rich, autumnal shades such as burgundy or olive green for a cohesive and stylish look.
- Platform wedges: If you want to add some extra height to your fall outfits, consider a pair of platform wedges. These wedges have a thicker sole that elevates your height while still providing stability and comfort. Look for platform wedges with a closed-toe design for a more autumnal feel.
In conclusion, wedges can be a stylish and practical choice for the fall season. With their added height and stability, they are a chic alternative to boots and sneakers, and can be styled in a variety of ways to suit the cooler weather. Whether you opt for a classic espadrille wedge, a sleek suede wedge boot, or a chunky platform wedge, there is a wedge option out there to fit your personal style and the needs of your fall wardrobe. So don’t be afraid to give wedges a try this fall – you might just find that they become your go-to footwear choice for the season.
- Can you wear wedges in the rain?
While wedges can be a practical choice for wet or slippery surfaces, it’s important to keep in mind that they may not be as water-resistant as other types of footwear, such as boots. If you do choose to wear wedges in the rain, be sure to protect them with a waterproof spray and try to avoid deep puddles or standing water.
- Can you wear wedges with tights?
Yes, you can definitely wear wedges with tights! In fact, this can be a stylish and comfortable way to incorporate wedges into your fall wardrobe. Just be sure to choose a pair of wedges with a solid, sturdy sole to provide stability and avoid any slipping or sliding.
- Can you wear wedges with jeans?
Yes, you can wear wedges with jeans for a chic and stylish fall look. Just be sure to choose a pair of wedges that complements the style of your jeans – for example, if you’re wearing skinny jeans, a sleek wedge boot might be a good choice, while a pair of wide-leg jeans might be better paired with a chunkier, platform wedge.
- Can you wear wedges with a dress?
Wedges can be a great choice for pairing with a dress, especially in the fall. They provide added height and stability, making them a comfortable and practical choice for all-day wear. Just be sure to choose a pair of wedges that complements the style and length of your dress – for example, a long, flowing maxi dress might be well-suited to a pair of bohemian espadrille wedges, while a shorter, more fitted dress might be better paired with a sleek, suede wedge boot.
You May Also Like